Friday, December 10, 2010

Grape Goo

With having Fibromyalgia and 3 boys in lots of activities I am always looking for easy recipes to throw together for potlucks.  I received this recipe from a Scout's mom I had in my Den, with my oldest son Nicholas.   It is a hit everywhere and it is something the boys can help with or even make if I am down.  It is always a hit and I am constantly asked for the recipe.

Grape Goo Recipe
(A.K.A. Grape Salad)

2 big bunches of red grapes (cut large one in 1/2)
2 (8oz.) blocks of cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbs. vanilla extract
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (I use dark as it is my preference, light is fine)
4 oz. pecan bits

Mix cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and white sugar.  Add Grapes.  Mix well and place in a 9x13 inch glass dish.  Mix brown sugar and pecans together.  Spread over top of Goo.  Gently pat down.  Chill in fridge overnight or it can be served right away.



I have used full fat, low fat, and fat free cream cheese without any notice in flavor or how much others like it.  That is up to you.  I try to cut the calories when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment