Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Learned About the 48-Hour Recovery

I just read an interesting article on about.com.  It was discussing how it takes 48 hours to recover from stresses.  It was extremely interesting and I will post the link below, but first I would like to put in my 2 cents.

I have not thought of my my recovery of a Fibro Flare as a 48-Hour Recovery, but as I sit and think about it, it is so true.  After I have a day where I am not in my "normal" activities and push it hard then thought or should have it does take me a few days to feel better.  Thinking about it is about 2 day or 48 hours.  Does this happen when you push through something, a deadline, a project, taking care of kids needs that are out of the ordinary? 

I work from home, but from time to time I go to the training center to work and even though it is not too strenuous it takes its toll.  I usually am not quite myself for a day or 2, then I get back to my "norm".  If I go shopping for the day with a friend, I know the next day needs to be a quiet day.  So I am going to post the link to this article and would love feed back.  I hope it will give you some in site as it did for me.


The 48-Hour Recovery Period in Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

By Adrienne Dellwo, About.com Guide June 27, 2011

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/b/2011/06/27/the-48-hour-recovery-period-in-fibromyalgia-chronic-fatigue-syndrome.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment